Credit Card Processing with OpenEdge
JMM has teamed with OpenEdge to offer you an integrated solution that provides one resource for everything your business needs to process credit card payments.
JMM Email Suite
JMM Software now gives TRS users an easy way to produce and send HTML based emails. Read more..
Click here to read about this free tool for sending detailed TRS sale information to QuickBooks
July 9-12, 2015
August 19-22, 2015
San Antonio, TX
Baby Lock Tech
Aug 30-Sept 1, 2015
St. Luis, MO
October 5-8, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
October 24-26, 2015
January 28-30, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
6 Update Log
- Fixed a minor rounding error that occurred in a few very rare
- Modified the order check-in procedure so that it does not ask
for the barcode number for items for which you left a zero check-in
- Fixed an issue in the "Discount by $ Amount" function
where the final amount could be off by a few cents.
- Removed an error message that occurred when creating a new
inventory item while checking in an order if the vendor name had
an apostrophe in it.
- When printing mailing labels, added the ability to skip any
number of labels. Useful for picking up an aborted label print
job where you left off.
- Fixed an issue that prevented adding items to an order if the
items were just added to the products database, unless you restarted
- Made some major performances in several places in the program
where new records are created, especially functions that cause
new products to be added to the database. Previously, when there
were a very large number of products in the database, the delay
made the computer appear to "freeze".
- Made some performance improvements on the Orders screen by
eliminating the flashing mouse pointer when entering data into
fields on the top half of the screen.
- Added a "deselect all" button to the list selector
screen (used in several parts of the program).
- Added the ability to import POS Products and Vendor Products
from another TRS database (such as another store). Accessed from
the "Inventory" menu.
- Added the option back to print the customer address on the
repair lable (set this in POS->Options).
- Added the option of printing item discount percentages on receipts
as either rounded to the nearest whole percent, or printed exactly
as they are (set this in POS->Options).
- Added a separate option (in POS->Options) for printing the
customer's phone number on POS receipts, instead of lumping it
in with the address.
- New Report: Best Selling items (POS->Reports->Best Sellers).
- Added new automatic commission calculation for serialized sales
(Sales tab). Allows you to specify how commission is calculated
(Price, Price minus Tradein,Price minus Cost, or Price minus Cost
minus Tradein), as well as the percentage. Set it up in POS->Options,
- Added Sale # and Sale Total to commission report for a salesperson.
Also, reformatted it to HTML.
- Fixed password for overring function (it was not being enforced).
- Corrected wholesale/retail feature added in 6.32, as it was
applying to stock orders as well, with no way to go back to wholesale.
- (AUSTRALIAN VERSION ONLY) Changed date stored in POS Sale database
to match DD/MM/YYYY format used in Australia.
- Removed customer's address from repair label, to allow it to
fit on 2.25" x .75" labels.
Added the ability to do an item discount by $ amount (you enter
$ amount off, and TRS calculates what percentage that is).
- Added the option on Special Orders to view the price by either
wholesale or retail. Screen by default now shows retail, and there
is a button on the screen to switch between wholesale and retail.
- Fixed a problem where some accounts with a zero balance didn't
come up when charging a purchase to a charge account.
- Fixed a PC Authorize problem where an anonymous sale could
end up with another customer's name on the store's copy of the
- Added the ability to edit records from a Special Search.
- Removed error message that said, "CUSTID is a required
field" when attempting to edit the first customer record
in the database immediately after starting TRS.
- Fixed problem where home phone number was printed as Work Phone
on claim check.
- Added the customer's phone number to receipt when using "Reprint
This Receipt" from the Review POS screen.
- Made it so that you can't suspend a sale if there is no active
sale. (Prevents accidentally suspending an empty sale).
- Added the option to turn off the black headings on HTML reports.
Useful for saving ink on inkjet printers.
- Made it possible to run TRS on a computer that's logged in
as a non-administrator.
Added a new data format for "Import Inventory Update"
(contact support if you think you may need this).
- Added the ability, when taking a deposit for a machine sale,
to deduct the tradein before or after tax when calculating total
- When adding a machine sale to a POS ticket, and the sale date
is not the current date, added a prompt to set the sale date to
- Fixed an occasional problem that caused the department for
machine sales to be a random large negative number if there was
no department set for that department.
- Added the ability to disable the customer accumulations. (POS->Options,
Misc. Options tab). This can make finishing a sale even faster.
- Added work phone to repair claim checks.
- Made it so that special orders that have been already ordered
or received don't come up in EZ Order Link.
- Removed the "Item not found" error message that occured
if you scanned a barcode from the New Item barcode field in Kit
- Fixed the position of the item grid on the POS screen (was
accidentally moved too far to the left in version 6.29).
- Added Wish List (Gift Registry).
- General speed improvements, ESPECIALLY the delay/freeze before
printing the receipt.
- Made it so that the "Today You Saved" message at
the bottom of the receipt doesn't print if the amount saved is
- Improvements to the "Import Inventory Update" function
for the Portable Data Terminals:
Made it so that you have a choice of whether subsequent scans
of the same product should be added together, or if the last scan
should override all previous scans.
Added the option to tell it that you scanned an entire department
or several departments, and have it zero out the inventory of
any items in those departments that weren't scanned.
- Enhanced the Kit Creation feature: Added the option to print
barcodes automatically for the kit after it's created.
- Changed the Quick Search feature in Edit POS Products so that
the search results come up in alphabetical order by description.
- Modified the Repair To-Do report so that after sorting by Date
In or Date Completed, the repairs within each date are in Repair#
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong sale number to be printed
on the receipt in certain situations.
- Modified the E-Z Customer Search from the POS screen to bring
up names in alphabetical order, like it does from the Customers
- Made it so that inventory levels can go negative. Click Herefor
more info about this.
- Modified the Edit Specials screen so that you can use the Enter
key on the keyboard to move between fields in the grids.
- Made it so that when you use the "New Repair for This
Machine" function from the Sales screen, it uses the customer
on the sales record, rather than the customer that's on the Customer
screen at the time.
- Made some behind-the-scenes improvements in the Stock Turnover
report. Eliminated long scrolling through the products when doing
it from the POS Products screen. Also eliminated some erronious
- Made it so that when you select the vendor for an order, it
automatically fills in the terms, even if it's not an auto-order.
- Made is so that when you're checking in an order that contains
items without barcodes, you can have it automatically generate
- Added machine serial number to description when adding a repair
to a POS ticket.
- Made the "Add By Searching" function (on the POS
screen) and the "Search For an Item" function (on the
Order screen) results come up in alphabetical order by description.
- Major speed improvement on "Import Vendor Products"
- Added ability to import POS products as well (part of Import
Vendor Products function).
- Made it so that the default tax rates on the Sales and Repairs
screens include Tax2 and Tax3 as well (if they are used).
- Made it so that refunding class enrollment fees also refunds
the tax (if classes are taxable).
- Fixed a problem where double-clicking on a POS sale from a
customer's history didn't work if the Review POS screen was in
the Search mode.
- Added customer number to account printout.
- Made it so that when doing an account transaction (layaway,
charge, credit) from the POS screen, it fills in the notes with
the designation that it was a POS sale, and the date.
- Added "Checked In By" to repair claim check.
- Made it so that on the Serialized Inventory screen, the models
drop down list comes up in LISTORDER order, then alphabetically.
- Added "Today you saved..." message to receipt.
- Added customer phone number to receipt.
- Added totals to "List Found Set" from Review POS.
- Added new HTML format for Cash Accountability Report.
- Added the ability to print from the Drawer Balances screen.
- Added the ability to credit to a store charge account when
doing Process Refund.
- Made it so that when new people are enrolled in a class or
added to the waiting list, they are always added to the end of
- Fixed a problem where having multiple part numbers for the
same product for the same vendor would cause the numbers in Profit
By Department to be too high.
- Added the option when using "Enter Reordered Products"
to edit the item that you've just checked in.
- Fixed a problem where receipts printed between noon and 1:00pm
would print "AM" instead of "PM".
- Another speed improvement to eliminate delay before receipt
- Added logging for mass edits.
- Added logging for removing people from class waiting list.
- Improvements to log viewer.
- Fixed problem where you were able to cancel class unenrollment
logging by cancelling clerk selection.
- Fixed the problem that caused the first sale after starting
TRS to be very slow to print the receipt.
- Improved the speed of navigation in Review POS.
- Added the ability to print out drop-down lists from the Edit
- Moved Grand Total on repair invoices over to the right, so
that it's lined up with the other values.
- Fixed the item selection screen (from "Add By Searching"
on the order screen) so that the columns are the right width.
- Improved the "List Found Set" function
- Changed from plain text to HTML format for those that were
- Added the ability to select which fields are on the report
for most databases.
- Made all fields available for most databases.
- Fixed the column headers on the printout from the order check-in
- Fixed the enrollment count on the sections screen so that it
never counts the people on the waiting list.
- Made it so that when ringing up a special order, it asks whether
or not you want to set the Date Picked Up to the current date.
- Modified the Auto-Order function so that it never adds items
with zero quantities. (This often happened with rounding quantities
- Added price and cost to order check-in screen.
- Added the ability to apply a compound discount to the items
in a sale.
- Added an option for Auto-Order to allow adding products to
the order if they are available from the order's vendor, even
if it's not the preferred vendor.
- Removed the blank feeding lines from the non-40-column repair
invoice to eliminate wasted paper.
- Made it so that choosing a tender type and leaving it blank
for the exact amount works correctly, even if you don't hit Total
- Fixed a problem where if you tried to delete a class, and there's
a password to do so, and you entered the worng password, it would
delete the class anyway.
- Modified the E-Z Customer Search so that when searching by
last name, it will show the list of matches sorted by last name
then first name, rather than just first name.
- Added a feature for special hidden functions that may be needed
from time to time (not of interest to most users at this time).
- Fixed a problem in Edit POS Products where double-clicking
on a line under "Sources" gave an error, "ProductTable:
Record not found."
- Fixed a problem in the "Take Deposit" function on
the Sales screen, where the default amount of the deposit was
- Fixed the "Profit By Department" report so that the
last category is also subtotaled.
- Fixed a problem where aborting the clerk logon when recalling
a suspended sale or ringing up a special order would cause strange
- Removed "Key Violation" error message that occurred
when adding the part # and cost from the Edit POS Products screen,
and the part # already existed. Replaced with a more meaningful
error message, and added the option to associate the existing
Vendor Product entry with this POS Product.
- Added logging for class enrollments and un-enrollments. Added
beginning of log viewer.
- Added the ability to merge two customers' histories into one
(Maintenance->Merge Two Customers).
- Added a feature to create custom query reports that will print
out the results of any SQL Select statement in an HTML table.
(File->Custom Query Report).
- Added "Save" and "Load" commands on manual
SQL screen (for both Manual SQL Update and Custom Query Report)
so that you can save queries to a file.
- Disabled the button to reprint an old receipt from the Review
POS screen when a POS sale is active, because the receipt printing
was interfering with the active sale.
- Fixed a problem where if you scanned/entered a barcode number
for a product in the wrong (upper/lower) case, but it found it
anyway, it would be entered into the sale, but the inventory would
not be updated.
- Added Inactive to customer searches.
- Changed font color for In-Store Notes on section screen to
red bold, so that they stand out more.
- Added the ability to check other stores' stock levels if a
connection has been created for them.
- Re-added ability to double click on a POS Sale on customer
screen to go directly to it (it was accidentally disabled in 6.16).
- Fixed a problem where (in 800x600 resolution) clicking on (or
tabbing to) a customer field that was toward the bottom of the
screen caused the screen to jump back up to the top, putting the
field out of site again.
- Added an option to "List of all classes/sections offered"
to not show classes with no current sections.
- Changed the search of customers by amount spent so that the
customers come up in the order of the amount spent, from greatest
- Added the ability, when entering dates on data entry screens,
to enter only the month and day (as 4 digits without slashes,
i.e. 0819). The year is automatically assumed as the current year.
- Added new customer fields to searches.
- Added a debug mode to help track down reported problems.
- Added a Layaway/Account footer that prints when you use the
"Print Account" button on the accounts screen.
- Added a progress bar for opening the database tables when starting
- Made it so that you can resize the different parts of the Show
History area by dragging the larger or smaller.
- Made (non-40-column) print in one column instead of two, so
that it can print the complete description for each part/labor
- Fix an intermittent "Record Not Found" error that
occured when enrolling a customer in a class.
- Greatly improved speed when adding a new item to POS Products
from the Vendor Products screen.
- Changed the way that Sale Discounts work. Click Here for more
- Added ability to copy a class section to a new section, with
all of the same details.
- Made it so that when you use the "New Repair for This
Machine" from the Repair screen, it uses the customer from
the current repair instead of the one on the customer screen.
- Made it so that you can use auto barcode generation when adding
a new product from a search.
- Made it so that you can use "Add/Edit in POS" from
- Corrected some strange behavior that could occur when performing
certain functions from a search on POS Products or Vendor Products.
- Added ability to auto-generate barcode numbers when adding
a new product from other screens (not just the Edit POS Products
- Made it so that fractional item discounts don't show rounded
off on the POS screen.
- Added the new POS Product fields (In-Store Notes, Accumulations,
and Location) to the Quick and Complex Searches, as well as Mass
- Added Accessories Checked In to Repair Invoice.
- Made it so that you can set which taxes are checked by default
when creating a new item.
- Made it so that Special Order Date is automatically filled
in with the current date when creating a new special order.
- Made the "Ring Up Sale" button on Orders screen also
automatically set the Date Picked Up field to the current date.
- Made it so that the customer "Inactive" checkbox
is automatically unchecked when a customer has new activity (this
option can be turned off).
- Added order check-in report.
- Fixed problem where Special Searches->Orders->Layaway
Accounts with Money In Them brought up some accounts with no money
- Fixed problem where doing an E-Z Customer Search from the POS
screen, then adding a "not found" customer, sometimes
didn't go to the new customer.
- Got rid of "Dataset not in edit or insert mode" error
that sometimes happened if you switched to another tab while entering
a new record, then answered "No" to "Save this..."
- Major speed improvements for classes.
- Added ability to select which taxes apply to serialized items
added to POS from Sales screen.
- Moved text up slightly on repair label.
- Added option to increase size of text on Eltron/Zebra mailing
labels to 12 points.
- Fixed columns on "list found set" for layaways.
- Added an option to set a horizontal offset for Eltron/Zebra
- On "Import Inventory Update", added the ability to
print the variance report before performing the update.
- Made it so that when doing "Import Inventory Update",
it displays an error in the grid instead of ignoring products
that aren't in the system.
- Added hourglass mouse cursor when the database is working (running
searches, refreshing, etc.), so that it doesn't look like it's
- R emoved error mesage that occurred when doing a customer special
- Made it so that Fast Zip Lookup works when editing a customer.
- Fixed it so that when entering an unlisted item, and adding
it to POS Products, when you tab down to the description line,
it goes to the first line, instead of the second line.
- Removed "Cannot perform operation on closed dataset"
error mesage that sometimes occurred when saving a sale.
- Made "Add part # and cost for this vendor" function
- Made it so that you can enter "Special Order Date"
without the slashes.
- Made it so that when adding a new record from search mode,
you can enter dates without slashes (all databases).
- Added a warning if you enter a large quantity after scanning
a repair part (such as accidentally scanning another barcode for
- Added new special search: Special orders not picked up.
- Added an option to allow non-case-sensitive scanning of barcodes.
Turn this option on under POS->Options->Inventory.
- Fixed problem where store # 4's registration disk wouldn't
- Removed "Serial Query Record Not Found" error message
that occurred when selling the very last of a serialized item.
- More speed improvements, particularly scrolling through records.
- Added current inventory count to Stock Turnover Report.
- Made it so that when adding a new product when checking in
an order, it gives you the opportunity to print barcode labels
for that item at that time.
- Made it so that when selecting a model on the Sales screen,
it will automatically fill in the price if it is set up in the
POS Products database, and price has not already been filled in.
- Added scrollbar to Repair screen.
- Fixed a bug where default "shared file location"
incorrectly included a filename.
- Added ability to do take a fast deposit from the Sales or Repair
- Added feature to start a new repair from another repair and
automatically fill in the make, model, and serial number.
- Major speed improvement when selecting a customer from the
list after doing an E-Z Customer Search.
- Added ability to turn off refreshing of data each time you
switch between tabs, which eliminates the delay that may occur
(set this option in Edit->Preferences).
- Added support for inventory adjustment with portable data terminal.
- Made final fix to storing sale data incorrectly.
- Made it so that you cannot get past an error message box without
- Fixed some error messages that occurred when trying to search
on some databases that had new fields.
- Made it possible to add/delete directly from searches.
- Added default values to new fields.
- Fixed problem where "Total" key on Preh POS Keyboard
did not trigger product pop-up messages.
- Fixed initial problem with subtotal, total and tax not storing
correctly on Review POS screen and reports.
- Fixed problem where last line on POS screen wasn't completely
visible at 800x600 screen resolution
- Added ability to print accumulation messages at the bottom